I was visiting a friend and wanted to make my Curry Miso Dressing, but didn't have all the ingredients. So I made something similar which was equally as tasty. And now I can't stop making this salad.
Here's a hot tip: if you're making it to bring to a party to share, or making it ahead of time to batch cook for yourself, keep the dressing separate until you're ready to serve.
If you're looking for more nutrient-dense and low-sugar recipes, join The Carb Compatibility Project™. It starts August 6th!
Kale Chickpea Salad with Orange Tahini Curry Dressing
For the salad:
- 1 bunch green curly kale
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots or raisins
- 1 can (or 2 cups) chickpeas, drained
For the dressing:
- 1 navel orange, peeled (if your orange has seeds, be sure to remove them)
- 1/4 teaspoon orange zest (only if you're using an organic orange)
- 3 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1.5 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon miso paste
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2" chunk ginger, peeled
- 1 small garlic clove
De-stem then finely chop the kale.
Add all dressing ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour over kale and toss to coat.
Add shredded carrots, seeds, dried fruit and chickpeas. Toss again. Serve immediately.
If you want to travel with this, you can prep all components ahead of time. Don't add dressing until just before serving.